September 5, 2010

2 Down, 1 To Go! (I'm talking trimesters here)

22Weeks!
Well I just spent the morning cleaning our house….only to end up with a sore back and stuck on the couch. I figured this would be a good time to catch up on the last 6 weeks! I can’t believe I finished out my second trimester and am into my third! The question I get asked most is “What have you been craving?” My answer……nothing! I have yet to experience pregnancy cravings. I am convinced they are a myth….although I’m sure women everywhere are going to kill me for that statement! If anything, I am having a hard time figuring out what sounds good to eat!


Weeks 22-24—What a wonderful couple of weeks! Finally feeling great, and having so much fun planning and shopping (I had been patiently waiting to find out Boy or girl!). The little guy started moving more and more…and Matt can finally feel the little kicks too! Our future son is definitely a daddy’s boy; he loves when Matt is around and kicks at the sound of his voice! The basement is finally underway. The bathroom has plumbing and our Dad’s knocked out all of the electrical work! I don’t think we will be finished by the time our bundle of joy arrives, but our goal is to get the dry-wall hung and textured (and maybe even painted). Right now the dry-wall is stacked on the floor taking up a whole room. We need it on the walls and out of the way so we can move our guest bedroom furniture down there. At this point we have ½ nursery and ½ guest bedroom upstairs.

Weeks 24-26—Well, baby is definitely on the move! Now we can actually see the baby moving around. As if feeling something move inside you isn’t odd enough, watching my stomach ripple is one of the most bizarre things I have ever experienced. The whole second trimester has been an amazing experience, but this is the point when baby actually starts moving TOO MUCH. I have never been so exhausted in my life! The little guy has decided to keep me up all night! He kicks and punches so hard it takes my breath away. I actually feel bruised on the inside! I am sleeping in 30-45 minute increments. His kicks seriously wake me up every half hour or so. Making it through the work day is taking everything out of me…I get home and go straight to the couch for a nap, only to find out that our future son has decided to practice Kung fu yet again. I suppose the bright side is that this is preparing me for many sleepless nights with a newborn. But at least Matt will be able to help out during those difficult times. Unfortunately he cannot take half of the kicks for me at this point!

Week 27—Baby’s first shopping trip to Denver! I’m sure he won’t be interested in shopping with his Mom later in life, but right now he doesn’t have a choice! This was a much needed break from work, and was fun to shop for maternity clothes and baby stuff! I had all of the baby clothes out after coming home, and the pile disappeared. I found Matt hanging the clothes in the nursery…He was “nesting”, haha. He is going to be such a great Dad! I had a Dr Appointment after returning from the trip. I still love hearing the heartbeat, it never gets old! Passed my glucose test…woo-hoo! Unfortunately I failed the iron test. Just a tad bit deficient, but not a surprise since I have always had issues with iron. Easy fix with more spinach (I will pass on the red meat), and iron supplements. 14 lbs gained! Not that anyone is interested in how much weight I am putting on, but if I decide to do this whole pregnancy thing again I figured it would be nice to document how much I gained the first time around! THIRD TRIMESTER! I called Matt after realizing I had entered my third trimester, and his response was “I know. We are due exactly three months from yesterday”. Someone is keeping track of time better than I am!

Week 28—I am sleeping a little better, the little one is still kicking away but seems to sleep for longer increments. Unfortunately my back is killing me. I even have a special body pillow to sleep with and can’t really say it’s helping a whole lot! It hurts to sit, stand, bend, walk, sleep….that about covers it! 12 weeks to go and I am determined to find a way to cure this back pain before I go into labor!

Here’s hoping for a happy & healthy 3rd trimester!  I will take more belly pics soon...he is growing fast!


The Bump!

No comments:

Post a Comment